Scheduled meetings and events in the Colorado Area
Check with your Group Rep or District Rep about whether your usual meeting venue is open! Some churches with older congregations are closing through the end of March.
Venues are being modified to reflect their closures. Be sure to click on the venue to confirm it is open by clicking on the name of the venue
There are several ways to participate:
- Find out about scheduled online meetings at the WSO at https://al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings/electronic-meetings/
- Join pre-scheduled phone meetings, via the WSO at https://al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings/electronic-meetings/#Phone_Meetings
- Join the Al-Anon phone meetings at https://www.phonemeetings.org ; these are fully Al-Anon as well. There are schedules for Mountain Time and instructions for the chair or moderator of a phone meeting among other things.
- Try to set up your own videoconference to hold a meeting. See below.
Videoconferencing resources for groups
A number of software providers are deploying free but limited time (several months) versions of their software for multiple platforms (Windows 10, MacOS, maybe Linux) because many people are being suddenly encouraged to work from home.
- There is an excellent overview of options for remote communications and teleconferencing, respectively, at https://blog.techsoup.org/posts/nonprofit-resources-for-remote-work-during-the-covid-19-outbreak and ps://blog.techsoup.org/posts/understanding-the-videoconferencing-tools-available-to-your-nonprofit
- Also take a look at https://www.zdnet.com/article/video-conferencing-deals-coronavirus-spurs-offers-from-webex-google-and-others/
We urge our Groups to try a number of options and report back to email@example.com, since by their very nature these tools have to be used by multiple people to get a sense of limitations or strengths.