Al-Anon World Service in North America is structured into Regions and Areas. Colorado is Area Number Five and is in the Southwest Region – along with Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Northern California, Southern California and Hawaii. The official name of the Colorado area is AFG of Colorado and the official mailing address is AFG of Colorado, P.O. Box 31808, Aurora, CO 80041-0808. Area 5 comprises 25 districts. The following information provides more details on the structure, guidelines, activities, recovery and service opportunities available to members in Colorado.
Area 5 Assemblies
- What is an Assembly? Pamphlet (inside) Pamphlet (outside)
- Held 3 times a year: in March, July and November.
- Assemblies begin on Friday evening, with registration at 4 pm and a host sharing workshop at 7 pm. From 7:30 to 9 pm, there is the New GR Orientation meeting, as well as the Area World Service Committee (AWSC) meeting.
- Saturday begins with a 7:30 am Al-Anon meeting. The Area assembly begins at 9 am and ends at 5 pm, with luncheon speakers and an Alateen Sponsors meeting at noon.
- There are usually speakers and social activities on Saturday evening.
- The assembly continues on Sunday morning from 8:30 to 11:00 am with reports, feedback and new business.
- A traveling banner is awarded to the district with the highest percentage of representation.
- Spring: March
- Summer: July
- Fall/Winter: November
- Visit the Events page for details on upcoming assemblies, including agendas and locations.
Area 5 Assembly Host Committee Guidelines
- Want to host an assembly?
- How to work with AA.
- Download the Area 5 Assembly Host Committee Guidelines
Assembly Report Form
Area 5 Guidelines