Scheduled meetings and events in the Colorado Area
After a flurry of changes in 2020, by late 2021 most meetings have ‘settled down’ and are fully listed by the WSO’s ‘Find a Meeting’ feature. For Zoom meetings, the Zoom credentials are given, together with meeting times. Some meetings have become hybrid, though many have returned to usual face-to-face meetings. Meetings in churches may be subject to safety regulations from the church, however, and these in turn may reflect COVID meeting restrictions in the county or at the state level.
There are several ways to participate in strictly electronic meetings.
- Find out about scheduled online meetings at the WSO at https://al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings/electronic-meetings/
- Join pre-scheduled phone meetings, via the WSO at https://al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings/electronic-meetings/#Phone_Meetings
- Try to set up your own videoconference to hold a meeting. See below.
Videoconferencing resources for groups
A number of software providers are deploying free but limited time (several months) versions of their software for multiple platforms (Windows 10, MacOS, maybe Linux) because many people are being suddenly encouraged to work from home.
- There is an excellent overview of options for remote communications and teleconferencing, respectively, at https://blog.techsoup.org/posts/nonprofit-resources-for-remote-work-during-the-covid-19-outbreak and ps://blog.techsoup.org/posts/understanding-the-videoconferencing-tools-available-to-your-nonprofit
- Also take a look at https://www.zdnet.com/article/video-conferencing-deals-coronavirus-spurs-offers-from-webex-google-and-others/
Revised Nov 2021