Al-Anon World Service in North America is structured into Regions and Areas. Colorado is now the “Colorado Area” and is in the Southwest Region – along with Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Northern California, Southern California and Hawaii. The official name of the Colorado Area is AFG of Colorado and the official mailing address is AFG of Colorado, P.O. Box 31808, Aurora, CO 80041-0808. It comprises 25 districts. The following information provides more details on the structure, guidelines, activities, recovery and service opportunities available to members in Colorado.
Colorado Area Assemblies
- What is an Assembly? Pamphlet (inside) Pamphlet (outside)
- Held three times a year: in March, July and November.
- Assemblies begin on Friday evening, with registration at 4 pm. From 7 pm to 9 pm, there is the New Group Representative (GR) Connection meeting, as well as the Area World Service Committee (AWSC) meeting..
- Saturday begins with a 7 am Al-Anon meeting. The Area assembly begins at 9 am and ends at 5 pm, with luncheon speakers at noon.
- There are usually speakers and social activities on Saturday evening.
- The assembly continues on Sunday morning from 9 am to 11 am with feedback, breakouts, and workshops
- A traveling banner is awarded to the district with the highest percentage of representation.
- Spring: March
- Summer: July
- Fall/Winter: November
- Visit the Events page for details on upcoming assemblies, including agendas and locations.
Colorado Area Assembly Host Committee Guidelines
- Want to host an assembly?
- How to work with AA.
- Download the Colorado Area Assembly Host Committee Guidelines
- Download the Colorado Area Assembly Tables_Chairs_Power_Wifi Needs – 2019
Assembly Report Form
Colorado Area Guidelines
- Were developed to guide the conduct of the Area
- Download the Colorado Area Guidelines (last updated 2021)
- Al-Anon Family Groups of Colorado Bylaws
Updated Nov 2021